Monday, February 21, 2011

Discipline Demands Attention

Why does it seem discipline is always on parents' minds? As a professional speaker, why is it my #1 requested presentation? Because it never ends! Discipline is ongoing. You can't lie back on your hind-end with the remote and expect kids to behave.

The need for guiding a child's behavior occurs from infancy into adolescence. Discipline is needed when a tot is behaving inappropriately and you need to change that behavior. Some parents mistakenly think that once they correct their kid, the problem is solved. But children need constant & consistent reminders on how to act. They're looking to you for guidance.

Yep, discipline is exhausting but, hang in there! Be patient with yourself and with your kids.

If you want 8 strategies for getting kids to mind, email me, speaker2parents at juno.com, for my 1-hour CD, "Creative Discipline." The price is $12 (including S&H).* Or mail a $12 check or money order to me: PO Box 1302, Mount Vernon, OH 43050. I'll get it to you as soon as I receive your order and return address.

*U.S. orders/shipment only. International rates will apply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your hour of parent empowerment is Tuesday morning, 10-11 am (EST) on The Parent's Plate radio show with me, your host. Click the link and listen on your computer or download on iTunes.

No comments: