Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Look at Me!
Pssst, wanna know one of my pet peeves? When I'm talking to a person who looks over my head (that's easy, I'm short) or at his watch acting as if something - or someone else - is more important than me. I feel devalued, useless, invisible.

It's painful when people we love don't listen to us. But, do we do that to children? Do we make them feel as if our agenda is more important than what they have to share?

In your daily discipline, remember to look at your child - not over his head. Eye contact sends a powerful message that he is worthwhile and worthy of your time. Remember the old adage, "The eye is the pathway to the heart."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't cheat yourself, join me and others every Tuesday morning for an hour of empowerment on The Parent's Plate show
www.toginet.com/shows/theparentsplate.

No comments: