Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Only Perfect Parent

I like the glimpse of the only Perfect Parent, found in the Bible. The passage is in a book called Lamentations, chapter 3:

"The steadfast love of the Lord is never ending,
and His compassion never fails.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness."

Of course, none of us are perfect. We're human! But we have a divine description of what perfection does and we can apply that ideal to our discipline.

On the worst discipline days, ask yourself, is my love toward my child -- or the children I teach -- never ending? Do I offer compassion? Do I give second chances by beginning "new" every morning...or do I hold grudges? Can kids count on me to be stable and predictable in a healthy way?

Just something to think about...and strive toward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember your hour of empowerment every Tuesday morning, 10-11 am (EST) on The Parent's Plate radio show with me, your host! Click the link and listen to the live show, or come back anytime and listed on podcast or iTunes!

No comments: