Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reminder on a Bad Day
On those bad discipline days, when you're on your last nerve, whisper this prayer:

Earlier last year I posted this and had so many comments and "thank yous" that I decided to rerun it for your encouragement.

Dear Lord,
it's such a hectic day With little time to stop and pray.
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom.
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose.
Getting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessing of Your grace,
I see then, in my small one's face,
That you have blessed me
All the while.
And I stop to kiss
that precious smile.

- anonymous
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get your hour of empowerment each Tuesday on The Parent's Plate radio show, 10 am (EST).

No comments: