Saturday, December 28, 2013


Happy, Happy New Year

It's almost here! 

Thanks for reading my blog all year. You’re welcome to share it via Twitter, Facebook, or forward to someone who may benefit too. 

I hope you'll encourage soon-t
o-be or new parents in 2014 with a gift copy of The Birth to Five Book, available from me - ask for it signed - by mailing $12 (incl S&H) to: P.O. Box 1302 | Mount Vernon, OH 43050 (U.S. Only). Hurry, my price offer ends on January 15, 2014.

When I was a new mom, one of my parenting goals was to practice discipline with an instructive attitude. I didn't adopt the attitude that my kids were in a me-against-you war. Rather I tried to maintain the attitude that they needed my help to know right from wrong, how to gain satisfaction in appropriate ways, and how to succeed in life through appropriate talk and behavior.

Now, what's your New Year discipline resolution? (tweet)
  • Not screaming?
  • More patience?
  • Set boundaries . . . and keep 'em?
  • Model self-controlled behaviors?
  • Get your tot toilet trained?
  • Make 'em listen?
  • Show that you love 'em?
  • Move your teen outta the house?
Any of the above fit your discipline goal for the new year or do you have your own?

Have you thought about your goal in discipline? It's not just "making that kid mind" but a balance of rules and relationship, of teaching behavior that'll last long after they move away from you.

I'd love to hear your goal for being a better parent through better discipline.(Tweet that) Leave your comment below and tell me what you'll strive for in the coming year.

No comments: