Yep, discipline can go smoother and easier when you remember to:
* respect your child as a person
- with her own likes/dislikes/strengths/weaknesses
* accept and love her as she is
- not a small version of you, but a separate person
* take note of her capabilities
- what she can & can't do for her age
* listen and respond when she speaks
- give eye contact to communicate interest
Why does this make discipline easier? Because your child will feel loved and respected. Then she'll respond to you out of mutual respect.
Hey, don't cheat yourself from an hour of empowerment. Join me and exciting guests every Tuesday morning on The Parent's Plate show www.toginet.com/shows/theparentsplate.