Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Philosophy on Parenting

Years before I had children, one of my beloved college professors and mentor told me something that molded my philosophy on childrearing. He said that my job as a parent will be to work myself out of a job.

That sounded harsh. But, I've learned it is the greatest gift to my children. I want them to be independent, have friends and a life.

In your daily discipline, ask yourself if your teaching also includes lessons on self-reliance so your kids will one day be able to get on in life without you.

Yes, you may want your kids to become beautiful butterflies but, the cocoon has got to go.

So what do you think? Feel free to leave your comment below! And remember to get your hour of empowerment on The Parent's Plate internet radio show.

No comments: