Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Confronting a Kid’s Behavior

Often I see, hear, or talk to parents and childcare professionals who have a difficult time with discipline. They say that they don't want their kid mad at them, or a strong-willed simply kid wears them down.

Remember, kids need your help in knowing how to behave. Unless you confront a wrong behavior, the child doesn't recognize it as inappropriate. I understand how tiring and time consuming it is teaching kids - I'm a mom and have been a preschool teacher.

When I think of the tenacity good discipline demands, I'm reminded of a quote by Lt. Colonel Eugene Pigford of the Salvation Army, "Goodness does not roll over and play dead when it is confronted with evil."

Stand firm. Don't roll over and play dead when children need your correction for inappropriate behavior.
What's your comment?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join me every Tuesday morning for an hour of empowerment on The Parent's Plate show www.toginet.com/shows/theparentsplate. Our family "adopted" a former-Amish boy who is shunned by his community. Others have reached out to homeless kids from all walks of life, either temporary or for a lifetime; yet we deal with some of the same issues/challenges as parents who legally adopt a child. Non-Traditional Adoptions is our show theme today, August 31. It's a spectatular and unusual show; I'm sure you'll get tips, help, encouragement, and wisdom from my two guests!

No comments: